Public decision-making process with a focus on risk assessment and public participation;
Environmental governance with a focus on the institutional design and mechanism;
Behavioral science and public policy
Xinjian Building, No.1954 Huashan Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai, China
Assistant professor, 2002~2004, School of Economics and Management, Tongji University
Associate professor, 2004~2008, School of Economics and Management, Tongji University
Professor, 2008~2018, School of Economics and Management, Tongji University
Researcher, 2018 to present, China Institute for Urban Governance, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Tenure Professor, 2018 to present, School of International and Public Affairs, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
1. Demi Zhu, A Study of Conflict-Sensitive Social Impact Assessment on Public Decision-Making in China, Beijing: Science Press, 2016.
2. Demi Zhu, A Study on Public Policy Making and Civic Participation, Shanghai: Tongji University Press, 2014.
3. Medaglia R, Zhu D. Public deliberation on government-managed social media: A study on Weibo users in China[J]. Government Information Quarterly, 2017, 34(3): 533-544.
4. Demi Zhu, Decision-Making and Risk Sources: Key to the Governance of Social Stability, Journal of Public Management, 2015.
5. Demi Zhu, Behavioral Science and Public Policy: Pursuing Effectiveness of Public Policy, Chinese Public Administration, 2018.
6. Demi Zhu, Transition of the Environmental Governance Institutional Framework in Contemporary China: Crises and Solutions, Journal of Fudan University, 2017.
Expertise & public engagement:
1. Chief professor of the Peak Discipline of Urban and Rural Planning, Tongji university, 2016
2. Researcher of Institute of Advanced Social Sciences, Fudan university, 2016
3. Director of academic committee of Social Development Evaluation Center of Nanjing Academy of Social Sciences, 2016
4. Expert of Shanghai Chorography, 2015
5. Expert of China Youth Think Tank of Local Governance, 2015
6. Member of Shanghai Population Decision-Making Advisory Committee, 2014